When buying a portable air conditioning unit, you need to know what exactly you're looking for. There is a wide range of air conditioners to choose from. These all have different specs and features. In the end, it depends on your choice, taste, and preference. However, it is still practical that you are aware of the features to keep in mind when shopping for a portable AC unit.
1. Match the BTU or the British Thermal Unit to the size of the room where you're putting the portable AC unit in. Remember that you need more BTU in portable air conditioners as opposed to a regular air conditioner. You can do your own research on what is the right amount of BTU for a specific room size or you can seek help from an expert.
2. Get an air conditioning unit that has wheels, casters, and handles so you can easily move this from one room to another. If you have this kind of model, you can also bring your portable air conditioner from one place to another; say from your home to your office and back. You have an air conditioner anyway; you might as well make the most out of it.
3. Look for portable AC units that have multiple and directional airflow with oscillating louvers. These allow more air to breeze through the room. You will realize that with this model, the room cools up faster and the air circulates more. You will definitely feel breezy in no time.
4. Read as many reviews as you can. You can compare one brand to another. You will also notice that experts prefer portable air conditioning units that have digital controls. The digital controls let the user set the temperature. The timer can also be set. If you want to save energy, you can just time the number of hours you want the unit on. When those hours elapsed, the portable air conditioning unit will automatically turn off.
5. Make sure that the air conditioner you get has an exhaust hose as well as a window adapter kit. The hose and kit makes life easier for you. If the model you get does not have these, then you would have to empty water buckets. If the model you want does not have these, then you can get a water-drain hose. Use duct tape if you have to seal the installation of the hose.
Another convenient and easy way for you to compare the features that each portable unit has is to check the online brochures. You can see that these are set and presented systematically which allow you to check the specs and features of each model side by side. The basic features to keep in mind when shopping for a portable AC unit can be found on review articles. The general features include coverage area, BTUs, noise, EER, heater, purifier, timer, and auto evaporative.
Coverage area is important because it gives you an idea on the range of the breeze that will circulate in your home. The BTU is cruel when you shop for any kind of air conditioning unit, including the portable ones. Any homeowner would want his portable air conditioning unit to have less noise as much as possible.
There are reviews that claim portable air conditioning units are not as effective as window air conditionings. However, if portable air conditioner is the only way to go for you, we suggest that you purchase a model with the high BTU rating for the size of the room you're putting it in. This is highly recommended so that you can get as much breeze as you can.[ad_2]
Source by Robert B Turner